Citizens Energy Group was among the primary sponsors for two Fab for Less Homes on the southeast side of Indianapolis.
Youngsters and their families enjoy baseball games on a well cared for field on Fletcher Street thanks in part to funding from Citizens Energy Group.
Citizens Energy Group has an active Community Investment Program that strives to raise the quality of life in our community, including the Southeast Side. Because Citizens operates like a not-for-profit, it returns millions of dollars to the Indianapolis community each year to fund: Gas customer rate reductions that have helped reduce the impact of higher wholesale natural gas prices.
- Low-income energy assistance programs helping more than 20,000 people per year.
- Home weatherization improvements for low-income homes with high energy use.
- Community redevelopment projects such as Fab for Less near Fountain Square.
- Support of non-profit organizations that promote quality education, safety, health care and the arts.
Since 2005, Citizens has invested more than $800,000 in Southeast Side improvement projects and organizations. These Southeast Side investments support youth sports and recreation, housing rehabilitation, education, neighborhood gatherings, neighborhood cleanup projects, neighborhood fundraising, energy efficiency and conservation, commercial development projects and job creation.
Southeast Side Investments
Our Southeast Side investments include more than $175,000 to Southeast community organizations and projects and about $650,000 in low-interest commercial loans to spark economic development in the area. Among the Southeast Side organizations and causes benefiting from Citizens investments are:
- Fab for Less
- Fountain Square Cultural Trail
- Great Indy Neighborhood Initiative
- Indy Parks and Recreation
- Keep Indianapolis Beautiful
- Norwood Neighborhood Association
- SENSE Charter School
- Southeast Community Organization
- Southeast Community Services
- Southeast Neighborhood Development Corporation
- Southeast Umbrella Organization
- T-Square Development, LLC
The Southeast Side will continue to be a target area for Citizens’ investments to make our community a better place to live, work and play.