INDIANAPOLIS – Citizens Energy Group announced today it has added more than 120 new payment locations throughout Central Indiana that utilize the PayNearMe system, which posts payments to customer accounts within 15 minutes. The utility has also added four convenient self-service payment kiosks at its Customer Service Center on Meridian Street.
“We are continually looking for ways to make it more convenient for our customers to pay their utility bills. The PayNearMe system allows customers to pay their utility bill at CVS, 7-Eleven, Family Dollar and ACE Cash Express Stores, with accounts credited nearly immediately. Our new self-service kiosks at our Customer Service Center allow customers to avoid standing in line for a cashier,” said Michael Strohl, Senior Vice President, Chief Customer Officer.
To use the PayNearMe system, customers must:
- Obtain a Pay Code from their registered account at CitizensEnergyGroup.com, or go to PayNearMe.com and send a Pay Code to their phone or home computer.
- Bring the Pay Code to any participating store, give it to the cashier, and pay with cash. A processing fee of $1.49 applies.
A complete list of remote payment sites is available at CitizensEnergyGroup.com.
Citizens has installed two payment kiosks outside its Customer Service Center at 2020 N. Meridian Street that are available 24/7. Two payment kiosks have also been added inside the service center and are available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m., and Saturdays 9 a.m.-noon.
In addition to these new options, customers are reminded they can utilize the following convenient payment options:
- Budget Billing – For customers who qualify, you can pay the same amount each month to help spread out the cost of winter heating and summer water bills.
- Auto Pay - Your total monthly bill or Budget Billing payment is deducted automatically from your checking or savings account on the due date of your bill.
- EasyPay - You can make a one-time payment from your checking or savings account using EasyPay. Pay online or by calling (317) 924-3311 and follow the automated instructions.
- Credit Card Payment - You can pay your bill using Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express credit cards or debit/ATM cards with no transaction fee. Pay online or by calling (317) 924-3311 and follow the automated instructions.