Citizens natural gas customers are eligible to receive a FREE Energy Efficiency Kit when they complete the registration form and take the Citizens Home Energy Challenge.
The kit contains:
- 1.5 gallon per minute (GPM) dual swivel energy efficient showerheads: These super efficient showerheads will help you enjoy a full force shower while you save water and cut your energy bill.
- Kitchen and bathroom faucet aerators: These aerators will help you conserve water.
Thanks to a partnership with Indianapolis Power and Light (IPL), Marion County customers will also receive:
- Three 13-watt and three 18-watt Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs (CFLs): These bulbs provide the same amount of light as 60-watt and 75-watt standard incandescent bulbs, but last up to 10 times longer and are nearly 4 times more energy efficient.
- Hot water gauge: This handy card will help you see if your water heater is set too high. Turning it down to 120 degrees can save you money!
- Refrigerator thermometer: This thermometer helps ensure that your refrigerator is at the optimum setting for both energy efficiency and food safety.
Sign up today to receive your kit by following these easy steps:
- Complete the registration form and click Submit
- Take the Home Energy Challenge to learn ways to save energy.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your registration.
Only Citizens Energy Group customers are eligible to receive an energy efficiency kit. You should receive your kit in six to eight weeks. Customers who have previously participated in Citizens programs and have already received the energy saving measures or have received a kit through the IPL Home Energy Inspector program may still take the Citizens Home Energy Challenge, but are not eligible to receive the energy efficiency kit.
NOTE: You must have Natural Gas service from Citizens to qualify for a free kit.