Citizens Energy Select is a customer choice program that provides all Citizens Gas' (both Marion County and Westfield) commercial and industrial customers a choice of competing Third Party Suppliers of natural gas. In order to provide a choice of Third Party Suppliers, Citizens separated its gas service into two main components - Gas Supply and Gas Delivery.
For Marion County, end-use customers served under Gas Rate Nos. D3, D4, D5, D7 and D9 are eligible to select a 3rd Party Supplier to provide them gas supply service as part of a supplier group. Enrollment is open monthly and an agreement must be received at least 21 days prior to the first day of the billing cycle when Third Party Supplier gas supply services commence.
For Westfield, end-use customers served under Gas Rate Nos. D30, D40 and D50 are eligible to annually select a Third Party Supplier to provide them gas supply service as party of a supplier group. Annual elections will be allowed January 1 through February 28 of each year and will be effective from April 1 through March 31 of each year.
Gas Delivery Service Agreement
Automated Meter Reading Request
While the Citizens Energy Select program may seem complex at first, the choices it offers can be very simple. The first choice you should consider is the choice of Gas Delivery Services:
Gas Delivery Services
All customers currently receive gas service with two components - Gas Delivery service and Gas Supply service. The Gas Delivery component includes the delivery of gas purchased from Citizens, or a Third Party Supplier, to customers. Depending on their size, type and usage, customers will be able to choose the service that best suits their needs.
Standard Gas Delivery Service:
Customers who consume less than 50,000 therms of natural gas annually will use Standard Delivery service. It's a hassle-free delivery service that includes monthly balancing service. It's available to all customers using Third Party Suppliers or Citizens Gas for supply and includes full balancing service. Customers not selecting a Third Party Supplier will automatically receive Standard Gas Delivery service. Westfield customers only have the standard delivery option.
Basic Gas Delivery Service:
- Standard Gas Delivery service with Citizens Gas Supply Service - Available to all customers and does not have monthly balancing requirements or incur administrative charges.
- Standard Gas Delivery service with Third Party Gas Supply Service - Available to all customers using Third Party Suppliers and includes full Balancing Service. Meters are read monthly but for an additional charge customers can opt for daily readings using Citizens' Automated Meter Reading service (see Administrative Service A7).
Basic Delivery service is available to Marion County customers selecting a Third Party Supplier and is only an option for customers with consumption more than 50,000 therms of natural gas annually, excluding customers in D7 rate class. Basic Delivery service is offered at a discounted rate and requires daily balancing. An Automated Meter Reading (AMR) devise must be installed if Basic Delivery service is selected.
- Basic Gas Delivery service with Third Party Gas Supply Service - Available to Marion County customers, excluding customers in D7 rate class, with annual consumption more than 50,000 therms of natural gas using Third Party Suppliers and includes daily balancing service. Daily readings using Citizens' Automated Meter Reading service are required to be installed. (see Administrative Service Charge A7).
Customer Delivery Rate Classes
Depending on how customers use natural gas, they can choose one of the following customer delivery service rate classes:
- D3 - General Non-Heating Delivery - Businesses that use natural gas for processing purposes only.
- D4 - General Heating Delivery - Businesses that use natural gas for space heating and processing.
- D5 – Large Volume Delivery – Businesses that consume over 300,000 therms annually through one or more meters.
- D7 – Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Delivery – Businesses that use for purposes limited exclusively to the conversion of gas to compressed natural gas for use in fueling motorized vehicles.
- D9 – High Load Delivery – Businesses that consume a minimum of 2,000,000 therms annually with a load factor (i.e., average daily Gas usage divided by billing demand) of greater than 50% during the twelve (12) months prior to initiation of gas delivery service under this rate schedule.
- D30 – Industrial Delivery – Businesses that use natural gas for year-round industrial processing and incidental general purposes.
- D40 – Commercial Delivery - Businesses that use natural gas for cooking, heating, water heating and/or other commercial use.
- D50 – Large Volume Interruptible Delivery – Businesses that consume in excess of 500,000 therms annually.
Depending on a customer's delivery service class, the following are the two types of delivery charges. For actual delivery charges, see individual delivery class rates or talk to your Citizens Gas Sales Representative by calling 317-927-4328.
- Facilities Charges - Monthly charges based on the size or number of meters depending on the chosen delivery service.
- Delivery Charges - Charges include cost of delivering natural gas but do not include the cost of natural gas itself.
Administrative Service Charges for Third Party Suppliers
Citizens Gas provides Administrative Services available to Third Party Suppliers and customers. Customers who choose Citizens Gas as their Gas Supply service provider are not subject to most Administrative Service Charges.
Customers who choose Third Party Suppliers may not be directly responsible for Administrative Charges since most are billed to Third Party Suppliers. However, Third Party Suppliers may pass Administrative Charges on to their customers. Citizens Gas wants customers to be familiar with each of the Administrative Services so they can better understand the Gas Supply service they purchase from Third Party Suppliers.
Supplier Groups: Made up of customers that purchase Gas Supply service from a Third Party Supplier. Customers choosing to join a Supplier group may be subject to the following Administrative Service charges.
- A1 - Supply Administration Service - Includes administrative support for nominations, confirmations, scheduling of gas supply deliveries, daily requirements forecasting, imbalance administration, supplier compliance and contract administration. Applicable to Third Party Suppliers with supplier groups: $500 per month per supplier group; plus $10.00 per month per account in each supplier group.
- A2/A3 – Usage Balancing Service - Charges billed to Third Party Suppliers for daily and monthly imbalances. Penalties charged to Third Party Suppliers for usage imbalances greater than 20 percent for any delivery imbalance. These penalty charges are designed to discourage unreasonably large imbalances.
- A4 - Non-Performance Charges - Charges to Third Party Suppliers that are considered daily delivery imbalances or unauthorized usage during a curtailment period, or during the first three days of Third Party Supplier default. The applicable Gas Supply Charges from Rider B, plus $6.00 per therm.
- A7 - Information Services - Usage Information Service: Consists of 24-month summaries of customer usage, provided either to the customer, or to a Third Party Supplier. Automated Meter Reading Service: Consists of Automated Meter Reading (AMR) device installation, and access to daily meter reads via the Internet. Information Services charges are as follows:
- $18 per customer usage summary
- $60 per month for each meter transmitting daily readings
- A8 - Switching Charges - Charges for switching Third Party Suppliers more than once per calendar year or for returning to Citizens gas supply service - $55 per switch.
For more information on the Citizens Energy Select program, please visit the Rates & Regulatory Notices
page on our website and refer to the Terms & Conditions.