At Citizens Energy Group, we are committed to to making a positive impact in the communities we serve. We are also committed to increasing opportunities for local small businesses, including minority,women and veteran-owned business enterprises (M/W/VBE). Through our Supplier Diversity program, we work to strengthen and utilize these businesses, thereby adding value to our supply chain.
Because we are dedicated to producing the highest quality products for our customers and consumers, we expect the same from our suppliers. Our suppliers are committed to Citizens' values: quality, integrity, service, results, responsibility, and respect.
Supplier Diversity Policy Statement
Citizens Energy Group is dedicated to providing procurement and economic growth opportunities to small-to-mid sized business. Our goal is to work with companies committed to providing value to our customers. Our policy is to source and provide equal access to procurement opportunities for businesses that are local, minority, women and veteran-owned enterprises.
“Minorities” refers to individuals or groups who are citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States and are of one or more of the following:
1. African-American (a person with origins in any of the black racial groups of Africa)
2. Asian-American (a person with the origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, the Indian Subcontinent or the Pacific Islands)
3. Hispanic/Latino (a person of Spanish culture with origins in Mexico, South Central America, or Puerto Rico, or Cuba or other Spanish origin, regardless of race)
4. Native-American Indian (includes American Indians, American Eskimos, Aleuts, and Native Hawaiians (Native Hawaiians are descendents of persons who lived on the island of Hawaii prior to its discovery by the English).
5. Members of other groups, or other individuals, found to be economically and socially disadvantaged by the Small Business Administration under section 8(a) of the Small Business Act, as amended (15U.S.C. 637(a)).
“MBE - Minority Business Enterprise” is a sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation or joint venture of which a minimum of 51% is owned by one or more minorities. In the case of a proprietorship or partnership, the minority owner/s must be engaged in the daily management control and operation of the business concern. In the case of a corporation, minority stockholders must be in control of the management and daily business operations, and a majority of the directors must be of the following minority groups: African-American, Asian-American, Hispanic/Latino, Native American Indian, Alaskan Native or members of other minority groups.
“WBE - Woman Business Enterprise” is a sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation or joint venture of which women own a minimum of 51%. In the case of a proprietorship or partnership, the daily management and operation of the business concern is controlled y at least one of the women who own the business. In the case of a corporation, women stockholders must be in control of the management and daily business operations, and a majority of the directors must be women.
“VBE - Veteran Business Enterprise” is registered with the Veterans Administration or with the US Dept of Veteran Affairs.
We accept certification from the following agencies:
For MBE or WBE Certification:
For MBE Certification:
For WBE Certification: